- Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm making mashed potatoes and gravy. Maybe deviled eggs if I get around to it/if anyone I'm having dinner with is interested.
- Here's an exciting link: www.gcbalance.com [I had a gift card to Fred Meyer's and I checked the balance.]
- I remember enjoying the movie Popeye, but I don't know, maybe this clip reminds me that it really wasn't that good?
- Have you noticed houses in your neighborhood being demolished and then replaced by bigger houses? It's an ugly practice that doesn't increase housing density, wastes resources and generally results in less energy-efficient buildings, and is something that the city code totally allows. There are different building code revisions being considered, and here's a Restore Oregon post discussing the current options being proposed.
- Bill Cosby is a rapist.
- I thought that this article titled "The Masculine Mistake" was going to be a much more in-depth exploration of why dudes are so shitty in our culture, but it was more of an overview of dudes being shitty that essentially concluded with "because our culture".
- Here's all the Ferguson grand jury evidence in one place. Have you read that Darren Wilson transcript? Jesus fucking Christ.
So Brown just pauses in the middle of beating up Wilson & hands Johnson the smokes? "Hey man, hold these." Sure.
— khrissoden (@khrissoden) November 25, 2014
- On a related note, Michael Brown's parents also think the Darren Wilson story is bullshit. (via @sherradewing) It seems like the National Bar Association agrees.
Just found a new app that that tells you which one of your friends are racist. It's called Facebook. #FergusonDecision
— Chris Rock (@ozchrisrock) November 26, 2014
- The Washington Post briefly covers the incompetent procedures of the Ferguson PD.
- Break from the heavy stuff for a second: the latest Clients from Hell post.
- Hey, what's Jian Ghomeshi been up to lately?
- The Thanksgiving recipes googled in every state led me to googling the recipe listed for my state. Ultimately decided to go with original gravy recipe, but added some mushrooms. (Also, looking at some of those listings, WTF is wrong with people? "For dinner tonight, we are having 'frog eye salad', 'cookie salad, 'snicker salad', 'dirt pudding' and 'pig pickin cake'. Yay! We are adult human beings.")
- Portland police links:
- Cold case homicide of Jamie Brock.
- The folks who were arrested during last night's protests.
- Some terrible person is going back to jail.
- Geez, is some asshole poisoning crows?
- I looked at a preview of the new comic book Steve Lieber's drawing for. I really like his work on Superior Foes of Spiderman, but without Nick Spencer writing this one, I will probably pass.
- A Tom Tomorrow comic about Uber.
- Photos of the 1967 Detroit riots. Some of these photos look like they could have been from two days ago, others seem like many generations ago.
- "Hey Step Back with the Riot Shaming" written right after the original Ferguson protests after Mike Brown's death. Also this video linked from the article that shows a guy talking about why businesses are attacked.
- I had to do some Thanksgiving grocery shopping today, so here's what I googled in the produce section: "chives vs green onions" It took me a while to finally find the chives.
- "In Defense of Looting"
- A school board member is forced to resign after she makes a dumb joke.
- Finally, a Thanksgiving comic.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
A couple of years ago, I had a couple of months where I wasn't working and I decided to catalog everything that I looked at on the Internet during the day. I always had a lot of fun making and sharing these posts and now that I've got a few days off around Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to do it again: